We all know how challenging it can be to balance the demands of education with the need for financial security. That's why we're excited to introduce our Scholarship Program, designed to help you achieve your academic goals without the burden of financial stress. This program is not just about providing financial assistance, but it's also about recognizing and nurturing talent, and fostering the growth and development of our future leaders.
Our Scholarship Program offers the opportunity to receive a 5-Day Education Package. This unique package includes access to key educational resources and training sessions, providing you with the knowledge you need to succeed in your field. The 5-Day Education Package is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in a focused learning environment, develop valuable skills and network with industry professionals.
Interested? Don't delay, the deadline for submitting your application for the 5-Day Education Package is February 7, 2024. We know that great potential can be found in many places, and we want to help you discover and develop yours. So don't hesitate, seize this opportunity, and submit your application that you can download here.
By applying for our Scholarship Program, you're taking an important step towards your future success. You're not just applying for financial assistance, you're applying for an opportunity to grow, to learn, and to become the best version of yourself. Remember, the deadline is fast approaching, so don't miss out!
Safetech 24 Convention & Trade Show
Besides the Scholarship Program, we also offer a variety of other exciting opportunities for growth and development. One of these is the Safetech 24 Convention & Trade Show. This event is a great platform for networking, learning about the latest industry trends, and showcasing your skills and achievements. Make sure to mark your calendar and join us for this valuable experience!Are you feeling overwhelmed by the demands of education while trying to maintain financial stability? You're not alone. Fortunately, we have an exciting solution for you: our Scholarship Program. Not only does it provide financial assistance, but it also recognizes and nurtures talent, and fosters the development of future leaders. The program offers a 5-Day Education Package, which includes access to educational resources and training sessions, giving you the tools and knowledge to succeed in your field. Don't miss out on this great opportunity, the deadline for applications is February 7, 2024. For more information and to apply, visit https://www.aloa.org/asf/asf.html.
The ALOA Scholarship Foundation (ASF) is an independent, educational, non-profit 501(c) (3), Tax-exempt Corporation established in 1993 to:
- Encourage and provide for educational services, programs and materials concerning locksmithing and security devices and procedures.
- Develop scholarship and assistance programs for persons interested in pursuing a career in the security and locksmithing field.
- Solicit funds necessary to implement the purposes of the Foundation.
- Perform and do any and all such other acts as are necessary, convenient and proper for the attainment of these objectives.
What are the Scholarships for?
The ALOA Scholarship Foundation can be an important source for educational funding. We support all locksmith efforts to seek education via technical training and business management from all educational providers. Scholarships are not limited to ALOA educational programs. While ALOA does have an impressive history in lock- smith training and testing, the independent ALOA Scholarship Foundation encourages locksmiths to apply for funding for any of the following industry related training:
- A full ALOA convention package which includes: four or five full-day classes and lab fees with lunch, two evening seminars, two half-day classes and two days of exhibits
- A full SAFETECH convention package which includes: four full-day class- es and lab fees with lunch, one day of exhibits and a Kick-Off party ticket
- All courses offered at the Dallas Security Training Center and ALOA Certified Education classes, presentations and seminars offered at regional conventions and other facilities
- Industry-related education via Technical training and business management programs offered by other institutions that meet the educational criteria of the ASF board
- Limited travel and lodging to the above events may be awarded depending on individual need and funds available.
What are the Scholarships for?
The ALOA Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships for locksmith education based on several criteria, which include:
- Individual applicants’ financial needs
- Written statement discussing how they will benefit from the scholarship and attesting to the desire, willing- ness and ability to use such training to further themselves within the industry
- Demonstration of commitment to the locksmith industry
- Industry experience; those applicants applying without industry experience must submit a detailed strategic plan on how they intend to achieve their goal of building a career in the lock- smith industry
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who have personal knowledge of the applicant’s background, character and work ethic. One recommendation must be from within the locksmith industry
- Availability to attend the event for which the award is given
- Application forms for Scholarships are available from the ALOA website, in Keynotes magazine, at ALOA and SAVTA booths at local shows and from the ALOA office by request.
Scholarship applications for ALOA or SAFETECH conventions must be submitted at least 75 days prior to the first day of the event for which the scholarship is being requested (2/7/24 for SAFETECH and 5/8/24 for the ALOA Convention).
Scholarships for other educational events must be submitted at least 40 days prior to the event being requested, in order to be given adequate consideration.
The ALOA Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors awards all scholarships within 30 days after the event deadline for submission of applications.