The ALOA Scholarship Foundation is an independent, educational, non-profit 501(c)(3), tax-exempt corporation established in 1993 to:
- Encourage and provide for educational services, programs and materials concerning locksmithing and security devices and procedures.
- Develop scholarship and assistance programs for persons interested in pursuing a career in the security and locksmithing field.
- Solicit funds necessary to implement the purposes of the Foundation.
- Perform and do any and all such other acts as are necessary, convenient and proper for the attainment of these objectives.Encourage and provide for educational services, programs and materials concerning locksmithing and security devices and procedures.
What are the Scholarships for?
The Associated Locksmiths of America Scholarship Foundation (ASF) can be an important source for educational funding. We support all locksmith efforts to seek education via technical training and business management from all locksmith/security educational providers. Scholarships are not limited to ALOA educational programs. While ALOA does have an impressive history in locksmith training and testing, the independent ALOA Scholarship Foundation encourages locksmiths to apply for funding for any of the following industry related training:
- A full ALOA convention class package, including, 4 full day classes, 2 half day classes, 2 evening seminars, admission for all 3 days of the security expo, admission to the kickoff party and a banquet ticket.
- A full SAVTA convention class package, including 4 full day classes, evening seminars,2 days of the security expo, admission to the kickoff party and a banquet ticket.
- Sponsored ALOA Certified Class presentations approved by the Foundation Board.
- Other locksmith/security training provided by education facilities approved by the Foundation Board.
The ALOA Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships for locksmith education based on several criteria that includes:
- Individual applicants financial needs
- Aptitude for the skills necessary in locksmithing
- Demonstration of a desire for a career in locksmithing
- Availability to attend the event for which the award is given
- Demonstrated commitment to the locksmith industry
- Letters of recommendation from locksmith industry references
- Previous Scholarship awards
Application forms for Scholarships are available by clicking here, in "Keynotes" magazine, in ALOA booths at local shows and from the ALOA office by request. Scholarship applications for Safetech or ALOA must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of the event for which the scholarship is being requested. Scholarships for other educational events must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event being requested, in order to be given adequate consideration. Scholarships are awarded within two weeks of the deadline for submission for each event. The ALOA Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors awards all scholarships 15 days after the deadline for submission of applications.